Forum On Black Affairs 2013-2014
Dear FOBA Supporters and Friends:
Welcome! On behalf of the Forum on Black Affairs (FOBA), and personally, I would like to extend an invitation for you to join our organization, and those of you who are already members, welcome back for another productive year.
FOBA has been in existence for over thirty five years and has been a resource for networking and support for faculty, staff, and community members of color within the State College community since its inception. Participation in FOBA offers the following benefits:
- Endless networking opportunities with colleagues
- Forum to discuss your research and professional interests
- Participation in Annual MLK Banquet activities
- Membership card and Lapel pin
- Participation in Annual Reception for Faculty and Staff persons of color
- Support group for faculty and staff
- Participation in annual meeting with PSU President and Senior Administrators
- Participation in social events and activities, i.e. annual Larry Young’s Catfish Fry
- Discounts to special events
As this year’s president, I am excited about the possibilities that this year holds. We are expanding with the goals set for the organization last year, and hope that you will join us and become actively involved. We not only want to be strong in number, but strong in involvement.
Please join us for the New Minority Faculty and Staff Fall Reception on Wednesday, October 16th, 2013 from 5:30 to 7:00 pm in the Ballroom A/B at the Nittany Lion Inn. This is a perfect opportunity to begin meeting members of the FOBA family, as we welcome new faculty and staff to the community. You may join FOBA by signing up at the reception or by completing your membership form online at http://www.foba.psu.edu/. Our regular monthly meetings will be held in 122 Borland Building at 5:30 on Novemb 6, December 4, January 8, February 5, March 5, April 2, and May 7 so mark your calendars and plan to attend.
I look forward to seeing you at meetings and events throughout the year. Please don’t hesitate to contact me at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Grace Hampton, President
Forum on Black Affairs