The Affirmative Action Office has responsibilities in four major areas relating to disabilities:
- coordinating the reasonable accommodation process for faculty and staff
- resolving complaints of discrimination
- compliance with laws and regulations
- providing educational programming and information.
The Affirmative Action Office responds to three types of complaints of illegal discrimination as they relate to disability issues:
Informal complaints/inquiries - complaints or requests for information that result in informal discussions with complainants, or negotiation/mediation of a resolution.
Internal complaints - complaints filed with the Affirmative Action Office, possibly requiring formal investigations, and resulting in findings and recommendations.
External complaints - complaints filed with state or federal agencies. In these cases the Affirmative Action Office coordinates the University's response.
Bill Ritzman, Coordinator
Affirmative Action Office
- What's New
- Accomodation Request Forms
- Brochures and Other Information
- Policies, Statements, & Definitions
- Laws and Executive Orders
- Faculty Search Information Forms
- Affirmative Action Data Card
- Applicant Pools
- Sexual Harassment Resources
- University Access Committee
- Office Staff
- Site Index
- Report Hate
328 Boucke, University Park, PA 16802
Phone: (814) 863-0471
Questions regarding web issues, please contact Tanya Pasko, firstname.lastname@example.org
Web page last modified September 18, 2013