The Affirmative Action Office has responsibilities in five major areas relating to disabilities:
- coordinating the reasonable accommodation process for faculty and staff
- resolving allegations of discrimination
- compliance with relevant laws and regulations
- providing consultation, information and referral to appropriate resources for disability related issues
- provide training on a variety of disability related topics
Additionally, the ADA Coordinator assists in providing direction and leadership for the University Access Committee (UAC).
The Affirmative Action Office responds to three types of complaints of illegal discrimination as they relate to disability issues:
Informal complaints/inquiries - complaints or requests for information that result in informal discussions with complainants, or negotiation/mediation of a resolution.
Internal complaints - complaints filed with the Affirmative Action Office, possibly requiring formal investigations, and resulting in findings and recommendations.
External complaints - complaints filed with state or federal agencies. In these cases the Affirmative Action Office coordinates the University's response.
Bill Ritzman, ADA Coordinator
Affirmative Action Office
328 Boucke, University Park, PA 16802
Phone: (814) 863-0471
Questions regarding web issues, please contact Tanya Pasko, firstname.lastname@example.org
Web page last modified September 6, 2016