Tenure-Track Faculty Search Information Forms Procedure
1. Form A is sent to Dean's Office requesting information on upcoming tenure track faculty position searches. Form A is completed and returned to Affirmative Action Office (AAO) by Dean's Office via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Throughout the year, as additional searches are authorized, please submit Form A which can be found below.
2. For each position listed on Form A, the AAO assigns a Search Number, completes Section I of Form B and sends to department head, search committee chair and the department contact person via email.
3. Department completes Sections II and III of Form B and returns to AAO prior to posting the position announcement.
4. AAO reviews Form B. If department is not contacted by AAO within 2 days, please proceed with posting of announcement.
5. When sending letters of acknowledgement to applicants, please instruct them to visit the following website to complete and submit the affirmative action data card.
Please be advised that you MUST provide the applicant with the search number. This is a required field on the form and they will be unable to submit the card without the number.
Departments will be able to review the diversity of the applicant pool at Applicant Pools. Applicant pools are listed by Search Number and will be updated twice weekly.
6. If department is underrepresented for minorities and/or women, they will be sent a Short List Approval Form along with Form B. The Short List Approval Form is to be completed and returned to the Affirmative Action Office listing the names of the individuals on the short list prior to proceeding with interviews. The AAO will verify the diversity of the individuals on the list and will return the form to the Chair of the search committee, along with a copy to the Department Head and Dean.
7. When position is filled, department completes Form C and returns to AAO. AA data required for the completion of this form is available at Applicant Pools.
8. Department should maintain a copy of Form B and Form C as this serves as the Affirmative Action Recruitment Report for this position.
The Affirmative Action Office would like to be of assistance to you
in your efforts to recruit a diverse applicant pool for your positions.
We have recruitment resources listed on our website at http://www.affirmativeaction.psu.edu/recruitresources.htm.
In addition, please feel free to contact Cindy Harter at 863-0471 or via
email at email@example.com with any questions.
The following forms are in Microsoft Word format (click to download), or Adobe Acrobat fill and print format.
Affirmative Action Office
328 Boucke, University Park, PA 16802
Phone: (814) 863-0471 V/TTY
Questions regarding web issues, please contact Cindy Harter, firstname.lastname@example.org
Web page last modified May 6, 2013