Faculty Search Information Forms Procedure
1. Submit Form A to the Affirmative Action Office at firstname.lastname@example.org when a Tenure Track, FTI, FTII, FTM or Post Doctoral faculty search is initiated.
2. For each position listed on Form A, the AAO assigns a Search Number, completes Section I of Form B and sends to search committee chair and the department contact person via email.
3. Department Completes Sections II* and III of Form B and returns to AAO prior to posting the position announcement.
*Fixed Term II and Post Doctoral searches do not require a Search Committee
To comply with a Conciliation Agreement with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP), ALL academic employment opportunities MUST be posted on the Penn State Electronic Job Management System (EJMS) which will automatically notify the appropriate referral agencies.
Tenure Track announcements require national advertising.
Fixed Term I and Fixed Term Multi Year announcements require advertising in a minimum of one external source.
4. AAO reviews Form B. If department is not contacted by AAO within 2 days, please proceed with posting of announcement. For positions requiring immediate posting, please contact AAO for approval.
5. When sending letters of acknowledgement to applicants, please instruct them to visit the following website to complete and submit the affirmative action data card.
Please be advised that you MUST provide the applicant with the search number. This is a required field on the form and they will be unable to submit the card without the number.
Departments will be able to review the diversity of the applicant pool at Applicant Pools. Applicant pools are listed by Search Number and will be updated twice weekly.
6. If department is underrepresented for minorities and/or women, they will be sent a Short List Approval Form along with Form B (Tenure Track/FTI/FTM only). The Short List Approval Form is to be completed and returned to the Affirmative Action Office listing the names of the individuals on the short list prior to proceeding with interviews. The AAO will verify the diversity of the individuals on the list and will return the form to the Chair of the search committee, along with a copy to the Department Head and Dean.
7. When position is filled, department completes Form C and returns to AAO. AA data required for the completion of this form is available at Applicant Pools.
8. Department should maintain a copy of Form B and Form C as this serves as the Affirmative Action Recruitment Report for this position.
The Affirmative Action Office would like to be of assistance to you
in your efforts to recruit a diverse applicant pool for your positions.
We have recruitment resources listed on our website at http://www.affirmativeaction.psu.edu/recruitresources.htm.
In addition, please feel free to contact Cindy Harter at 863-0471 or via
email at email@example.com with any questions.
The following forms are in Microsoft Word format (click to download), or Adobe Acrobat fill and print format.
Faculty Search Information Form B for Fixed Term II and Post Doctoral faculty
(MS Word/PDF/PDF Fill-in)
Note: When completing the PDF Fill-In form you must save it to your computer before attaching it to an email.
Affirmative Action Office
- What's New
- Accomodation Request Forms
- Brochures and Other Information
- Policies, Statements, & Definitions
- Laws and Executive Orders
- Faculty Search Information Forms
- Affirmative Action Data Card
- Applicant Pools
- Sexual Harassment Resources
- University Access Committee
- Office Staff
- Site Index
- Report Hate
328 Boucke, University Park, PA 16802
Phone: (814) 863-0471
Questions regarding web issues, please contact Tanya Pasko, firstname.lastname@example.org
Web page last modified October 9, 2013