Each year, Penn State Brandywine recognizes outstanding student achievements and academic excellence at the Academic Recognition Ceremony. In addition to the Academic Achievement Award, presented to all students who earn a 3.5 GPA or higher, several other awards are given to individuals whose accomplishments deserve commendation. Of course, several of our Honors Scholars were among those honored at this year's ceremony:
- Senior Rebecca Brophy was inducted into the Sigma Tau English Honor Society, which confers distinction upon students of the English language and literature in undergraduate, graduate and professional studies.
- Junior Eileen Fresta received the President Sparks Award for earning a 4.00 (A) cumulative GPA based on 36 Penn State credits completed by the end of the fall semester.
- Eileen Fresta and senior Jennifer Santangelo receivedthe President's Volunteer Service Award, recognizing their commitment and inspiration of others to engage in volunteer service.
- Sophomore Sarah DeMartino received a Student Research Award in recognition of her excellence in undergraduate research. Read more about Sarah's well-deserved accolade here.
- Cody Bressler and Steven Hargis received the President's Freshman Award for receiving a 4.00 cumulative GPA based on at least 12 graded credits completed by the end of the fall semester.
- Junior Zanya Stephenson received a Newman Civic Fellows Award for demonstrating an investment in finding solutions for challenges facing communities throughout the country.
We congratulate these students on their academic excellence, passion for undergraduate research, and civic engagement. Keep up the good work!