From Training Services:
Adobe Connect workshops to highlight new features
To help the Penn State community transition to the latest version of Adobe Connect, which was implemented in May 2011, several workshops have been added to the summer training lineup. These sessions will highlight the new and improved features of Adobe Connect 8 and provide best practices for using Adobe Connect to facilitate meetings. Recordings of the sessions will be available at http://its.psu.edu/training/learnonline/ after the live sessions have run.
Other resources available to the Penn State community include "Adobe Connect Essential Training" on lynda.com (free to Penn State via http://its.psu.edu/training/lynda/) and the Adobe Connect 8 section of the ITS Knowledge Base at http://kb.its.psu.edu/Meeting. ;
Title: What's new in Adobe Connect Version 8
Date: July 14, 2011
Time: 1: 00-2:00 p.m. (Meeting opens at 12:45 p.m.)
Location: via Web
Register to attend online via Adobe Connect: https://register4its.psu.edu/Public/ShowDetail.asp?scheduleid=109041
Description: This workshop will show you what's new in the latest version of Adobe's web collaboration technology. With the release of Connect 8, Adobe's web collaboration technology has taken a big step forward in both ease-of-use and capability. In this session, you will see the new and improved features Adobe Connect 8 has to offer. This workshop is intended for people transitioning to the new version of Adobe Connect.
• Explore new User Interface (UI) designed to make it easier for the absolute beginner to take part in a virtual meeting
• View drag and drop features that make it faster and more efficient to manage users
• Discover new text and drawing features that allow for more precise communications
• Explore how to use layouts to both manage a collection of meeting pods and to control the flow of a meeting
Title: What to Consider When Facilitating Meetings Using Adobe Connect (Lunchtime Session) (via Adobe Connect)
Date: August 10, 2011
Time: Noon - 1:00 p.m. (Meeting opens at 12:45 p.m.)
Location: via Web
Register to attend online via Adobe Connect: https://register4its.psu.edu/Public/ShowDetail.asp?scheduleid=109042
Description: Participants will discuss the unique considerations involved in facilitating meetings using Adobe Connect, as opposed to other methods, such as face-to-face or videoconferencing. Included in this discussion will be Adobe Connect meeting configurations and best practices. Participants are welcome to share their information and experiences during the session.
• Describe the differences between Adobe Connect, face-to-face meeting, and videoconferencing
• Summarize the shared experiences in using Adobe Connect