Welcome to the website of the Penn State Institutional Research Interest Group. We are guided by the belief that although there are many excellent data and analysis resources at Penn State, we can do a better job of coordination, communication, and sharing in the increasingly pertinent domain of institutional research.
- Check out News to keep up to date with posted articles and upcoming events.
- The Resources tab will take you to an organized listing of information and tools valuable to practicing institutional researchers. You need a Penn State Access ID to see it.
- The Members page lists current Interest Group members with notes about their positions and areas of interest.
- About gives you more information about the group's mission and how it was formed. There's also contact information for the site administrators.
There are a few news items that you may find worth reading if you're just getting to know us:
- Why an IR Interest Group? - This explains some of the thinking that went into the formation of the IR Interest Group as well as descriptions of the kinds of knowledge important to institutional researchers.
- How the Site Is Organized - This news item will give you an overview of how this site organizes its content and how to access the information in the Resources section.
- Joining the Listserv - We have an electronic mailing list in addition to this site.