So far I have revealed 6 of the 8 reasons why I am involved with undergraduate research and think you should be too. Hopefully you have learned something and have been motivated to get involved. Here is a recap of the reasons so far:
1. Earn class credit and get a grade for your hard work and timeOnly 2 reasons left! I will be back next Monday to reveal that last two reasons why undergraduate research is so awesome!
2. Be financially rewarded as a bonus for your time
3. Establish yourself in the science community by having your name on publications
4. Make connections with Penn State and visiting faculty and staff
5. Develop valuable skills that will help you succeed in your classes and throughout life
6. Apply all of the complicated techniques and concepts you learn in class