Office of Student Aid : Scholarships : Private Scholarships
- Many high schools, community organizations, and private agencies and donors offer scholarship opportunities to students who demonstrate scholastic merit or meet other specific eligibility criteria.
- Private scholarship funds are credited to your University account and applied toward your tuition bill to help pay for your tuition, fees, and room and meal charges. Any excess funds will be refunded to you for your other educational expenses such as books, supplies, and transportation.
- In most cases the agency awarding the scholarship, not Penn State, is responsible for selecting the candidate and determining the value of the award.
- If you are receiving a private scholarship, please notify Penn State of the award.
- In addition to the resources listed, information may also be available through your high school guidance office, local libraries, and the Internet.
Currently Available Scholarships
For currently available private scholarship opportunities please view the detailed information directory.