Undergraduate students who consistently achieve academic excellence are named to the Dean's List in accordance with the following full-time and part-time enrollment criteria:
1. Criteria for Full-time Students
Achievement of a one-semester grade point average of 3.50 or above for enrollment in a course load of 12 or more credits.
2. Criteria for Part-time Students
Students enrolled for fewer than 12 credits each semester for two or more consecutive semesters are considered part-time students for purposes of Dean's List recognition. Appointment to the Dean's List is made when:
a. A minimum total of 12 credits are completed; and,
b. Grades in the courses across these combined semesters result in a grade point average of 3.50 or higher.
Dean's List status for part-time students is recorded on the most recently completed semester during which all cumulative criteria were met. Once awarded, the calculation for additional recognition begins anew.
For All Students:
3. In all cases, Satisfactory-Unsatisfactory courses and Audit courses are not included in the determination of grade point average or credit load.
4. A list of students eligible for appointment to the Dean's List will be provided by the Registrar each semester to each college and to the Division of Undergraduate Studies.
5. A Dean's List notation for the appropriate semester will appear on the student's grade report and on the student's academic record.
6. A student found in violation of academic integrity is ineligible for appointment to the Dean's List for the semester or, for part-time students, the 12-credit cumulative period, during which the violation occurred.
Approved: ACUI (9-15-77)
Revised: ACUI (2-7-80)
Revised: ACUI (5-19-83)
Revised: ACAS (2-14-86)
Revised: ACUE (1-8-04)
Revised: Editorial (10-30-08)