1. When an academic unit receives a request to certify the date and type of degree conferred on a former student, that request should be referred to the Office of the University Registrar. Telephone requests should be referred to the Transcript Department. Letters or forms requesting such certification should be forwarded to the Transcript Department, 112 Shields Building, for appropriate action.

2. The suggested procedure is limited to the handling of official requests for the certification of degree conferral. Requests from students for letters of recommendation will continue to be processed within the academic unit.

Approved: UR (11-5-80)

The University may make changes in policies, procedures, educational offerings, and requirements at any time. Please consult a Penn State academic adviser for more detailed information. Penn State is an affirmative action, equal opportunity university.