1. Complete publication information is required when compiling textbook lists. To facilitate locating and ordering books, the following information must be included: author(s), title, ISBN, publisher, year of publication, edition and editor.
2. If different textbooks are required by instructors teaching different sections of the same course, the textbooks for these sections must be included in the textbook list by section.
3. If additional books are recommended supplemental reading that is not required, they should be noted as recommended texts on the lists. If materials other than books are required for a course, as much information about the materials should be provided, including an estimate of total additional cost.
4. At University Park, completed textbook lists must be furnished to the campus Penn State Bookstore no later than March 1 for textbooks to be used in the Fall Semester, September 1 for textbooks to be used in the Spring Semester, and February 1 for textbooks to be used in the Summer Session. At other campuses, completed textbook lists must be furnished to the campus Penn State Bookstore no later than two weeks prior to the first day of registration for the semester. If no information is available about textbooks or other materials required for a class, "Not Available" should be submitted until a selection is made, at which time the information will be provided. If required materials for a class will be provided during the first week of classes (such as a list of readings on electronic reserve), "To Be Announced" should be submitted.
5. Changes in textbooks and other materials should be reported to the campus Penn State Bookstore as soon as possible.