Search: People | Departments | Penn State

Academic Advising

Academic advising is provided by the college/school/division in which you're enrolled. Your adviser may be a member of the faculty in your major or a professional adviser. He or she can help you to evaluate your educational plans, develop an academic program, and schedule each semester's courses, but expect to be a knowledgeable participant in this process!

If you're changing from one Penn State location to another, consult with an academic adviser at the new location about course choices for registration. Academic advising centers are available to students in each college/school and in the Division of Undergraduate Studies. (Lists of academic advising centers at University Park and other locations are available online.)

When working with an adviser, be sure that you understand your role and the role of the adviser. To find out who your assigned academic adviser is, use "Adviser Information" in eLion.

Change-of-Campus Logo

Upcoming Events

Visit University Park
Penn State students who are attending one of the 19 Penn State Commonwealth Campuses and participating in the 2+2 program with plans to attend Penn State University Park to finish their degree are invited to visit the University Park Campus during a designated visit day.
Reservations are required.
If you have questions specific to your major, we suggest you make an appointment with your academic college/department. When visiting with the academic college/department, you should arrange for your visit to either end by 10:00 a.m. so you can be in Shields Building by 10:30 a.m. for the tour, or for the college visit to begin after 12:30 p.m.