Information Sources

Electronic Information

Penn State Access Account

The Penn State Access Account—found at—enables students to access a wide range of online Penn State and Internet services. Students can request a personal web page at

Internet Access

Students can access Internet services such as the web, e-mail, libraries, online advising, and academic records. These services are available at computer labs on campus or can be accessed on your personal computer.


See under "Email Setup" on the web for information on using e-mail to communicate with friends and colleagues at Penn State and around the world.

Undergraduate Education: Current Students

The Undergraduate Education Current Students website provides a single point of reference for the complete academic information needs of undergraduates. Find easy access to program and course information, the academic calendar, schedule of courses, exam information and much more. Set the Undergradute Education Current Students page as your browser's default home page, and from there explore Penn State. Find the Unergraduate Education Current Students website at


The Advising@PSU website provides a central source of information about academic advising and related educational topics. This site includes material developed specifically for the site as well as links to other websites with relevant academic information for students, faculty, and staff. Visit Advising@PSU at


eLion is Penn State's primary web-based service for students to access their own academic records and receive informed advice as they pursue their academic goals. Through eLion, students can register for classes, check the status of their financial aid, explore possible majors, pay their semester bills, check their grades, and much more. To learn more about the services available through eLion, visit

Undergraduate Degree Programs Bulletin

The Undergraduate Degree Programs Bulletin is a comprehensive source of academic information. It describes the University; admission policies; tuition, room, and board; fees; and services. It also outlines course requirements for the majors offered in each college. The Undergraduate Bulletin is located at

Schedule of Courses

The Schedule of Courses is located on the web at It contains the courses being offered, meeting times/places, and course availability. For additional information, call 814-865-6357.

Policies, Procedures, Rules and Regulations

Faculty Senate Policies -
Academic Administrative Policies and Procedures -
Code of Conduct -
Off-Campus Misconduct Policy -
University Alcohol Policy -

Listing of Continuing Education Evening Courses

A list of these courses can be viewed by using the Schedule of Courses ( and selecting "Campus: University Park," "Location: University Park Campus." Like daytime courses, these courses can be scheduled using eLion (

World Campus

The World Campus provides adult learners worldwide with over 70 of Penn State's most highly regarded graduate and undergraduate degrees, certificates, or courses available anytime, anywhere. Course information and online catalog are available at

Education Abroad (EA)

Penn State's Education Abroad offers students more than 170 programs for a semester or year abroad in nearly 45 countries. Participants, normally juniors or seniors, earn Penn State credits, and in most cases maintain their financial aid while abroad. For details, visit the EA office in 410 Boucke Building, call 814-865-7681, or visit the EA website at

The Daily Collegian

Published each weekday during the semester, this student newspaper is a source of world and local news, sports information, student editorial opinion, and special-interest stories. The Daily Collegian is available at many University Park campus locations, including the HUB. It is also accessible at

Penn State University's Official Athletic Site, partner of CBS College Sports Network. The most comprehensive coverage of Penn State University Athletics on the web.

Event Calendars
This useful website provides date, time and location information about university events. Events can be sorted by campus, college and event type i.e. academic, diversity, entertainment, lectures, etc.

Academic Calendars
When is Summer Graduation? When does Spring Break begin next year? How long is the holiday break between semesters? The answers to these important questions and much more can be found at the official Academic Calendar website maintained by the University Registrar. This multi-year calendar is available for all Penn State locations except the Penn State Hershey Medical Center, the Pennsylvania College of Technology, and the Dickinson School of Law.


In addition to the electronic and print information resources, new students are encouraged to contact and talk with the staff at the following academic advising centers:

 College  Location  Phone (814 area code)
Agricultural Sciences 101 Agricultural Administration Building 865-7521
Arts and Architecture 104 Borland Building 865-9523
Smeal College of Business 202 Business Building 863-1947
Communications 204 Carnegie Building 865-1591 
Earth and Mineral Sciences 14 Deike Building 863-2751
Education 228 Chambers Building 865-0488
Engineering 208 Hammond Building 863-1033
Health and Human Development 5 Henderson Building 865-2156
Information Sciences and Technology 104 IST Building 865-8947
The Liberal Arts 101 Sparks Building 865-2545
Eberly College of Science 213 Whitmore Lab 863-3889
School of Nursing 210 Health and Human Development East Building 863-2229

Division of Undergraduate Studies

Lobby, Grange Building 865-7576