Team # 16 -- Alumni Association
Development and Alumni Relations
ObjectiveTo review information systems with respect to membership processing, biographical record flow, and gift processing flow.
- Peter Weiler, Sponsor
- Tom Moore, Leader
- Anita Schmidt, Facilitator
Results Achieved to Date
- Process of signing up new grads for free 1-year life insurance was improved by reporting names directly to insurance co.
- Designed generic AA card saving employee time
- Student records are transferred after grad to provide more accurate data file
- The cost to raise $1 in 2001 was $.10. The cost to raise $1 in 2000 was $.09.
- The program is effective at increasing the base of donor support and acquiring new donors at a rate equal to or greater than the growth of the alumni donor base
- 2nd in the Big Ten in terms of percent of alumni giving participation
- Alumni Association ranks as the largest dues paying organization in the nation, with over 146,000 members
- The retention rate of paid annual members remains well above other membership programs at similar institutions
Office of Planning and Institutional Assessment
The Pennsylvania State University
502 Rider Building
University Park, PA 16802-4819
Phone: (814) 863-8721
Fax: (814) 863-7031
Copyright 2006-2014 The Pennsylvania State University
Questions regarding web issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org