Team # 18 -- Efficiency in Computer and Information Systems Executive Director's Office
Computer and Information Systems
ObjectiveTo improve and streamline interoffice communication so that it enhances office efficiency to better serve the customer.
- Gary Augustson, Sponsor
- Paul Peworchik, Leader
- Kathy Plavko, Facilitator
Results Achieved to Date
- Improved & streamlined interoffice communications so that it enhances office efficiency to better serve the customer
- High performance electronic email that effeciently handles over 698 email files per year at very lost cost. The cost per email is about 29/1000s of a penny.
- IBIS manages in excess of 16,000 financial accounts that handle nearly $2 billion per year. The estimate of annual savings to the University was over $740,000 per year.
- eLion provides current, prospective, and former students access to the information and services needed to initiate and complete academic programs. It also provides faculty access to the information needed to successfully advise and teach students and provides advisors access to the information needed to successfully advise students.
- To reduce the cost of software, the University entered into software licensing programs with a number of vendors. Estimated program savings were over $2.3 million per year.
Office of Planning and Institutional Assessment
The Pennsylvania State University
502 Rider Building
University Park, PA 16802-4819
Phone: (814) 863-8721
Fax: (814) 863-7031
Copyright 2006-2013 The Pennsylvania State University
Questions regarding web issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org