Team # 329 -- Residence Hall Security Team
Finance and Business
ObjectiveTo study and improve processes in the residence halls for insuring the safety and security of occupants.
- Diane Andrews, Sponsor
- Conal Carr, Leader
- Margaret Sebastianelli, Facilitator
- Judy Albin, Member
- Colleen Diefenbach, Member
- Charles Eberlin, Member
- Diane Grimm, Member
- Ben Hess, Member
Results Achieved to Date
- Recommended the number of Rovers should increase campus wide while decreasing the number of Rovers on duty between 4:00-7:00 am
- Recommended reconfiguring the training of monitors, rovers and RA’s in hopes they would be better informed and the monitors and rovers would be stronger employees
- The team felt a community relations campaign, involving the creations of a brochure, about the RHSU would enable students to fully understand the role of monitors and rovers and the value they provide to our community.
- Maintain the monitor position only in the female halls from 12pm to 4am, Friday and Saturday nights.
- Related - recommendations:
Move to a 24 hour, 7 day a week card access system.
Advocate for additional card readers and outside phones.
Office of Planning and Institutional Assessment
The Pennsylvania State University
502 Rider Building
University Park, PA 16802-4819
Phone: (814) 863-8721
Fax: (814) 863-7031
Copyright 2006-2013 The Pennsylvania State University
Questions regarding web issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org