Team # 386 -- Career Services' Ask Career Services Team
ObjectiveA team to investigate the process by which we respond to student e-mail inquiries that are sent to our generic e-mail address: ASK CAREER SERVICES
- Jack Rayman, Sponsor
- Liz Toepfer-Hendey, Leader/Facilitator
- Jungen Choi-Perkins, Member
- Cathy Dufour, Member
- Michael Hall, Member
Results Achieved to Date
- - One Staff member will take primary responsibility for Ask Career Services and the primary responsibility will rotate from year to year to avoid burnout.
- A series of "canned responses" have been prepared so that each query does not have to be handled as if it is a unique issue.
- A team of staff members will continue to meet periodically to monitor and assess the effectiveness of the revised process.
- A large referral team was established (organized by topic) and the primary staff member was urged to refer generously.
- Michael Hall will be replaced as he has left the staff.
- Students receive responses within 24 hours.
- No one staff member is overburdened by inquiries.
It is anticipated that the Ask Career Services Team will continue to operate for the foreseeable future.
Office of Planning and Institutional Assessment
The Pennsylvania State University
502 Rider Building
University Park, PA 16802-4819
Phone: (814) 863-8721
Fax: (814) 863-7031
Copyright 2006-2014 The Pennsylvania State University
Questions regarding web issues, please contact email@example.com