Team # 395 -- Educating Employees in the Use of Web-Based Benefits Enrollment
Finance and Business
- Billie Willits, Sponsor
- Nancy Hensal, Leader
- Doris Davis, Facilitator
- Teresa Grove, Member
- Beth Shimel, Member
Results Achieved to Date
- May 1, 2001: Flexible Benefits reimbursements began being deposited directly into employees' banking accounts, rather than issuing reimbursement checks to them.
- Each month, this saves approximately, $306.00 in postage costs and $75.00 for the cost of 900 mailing envelopes
- Approximately $96.00 is being saved each month which represents the cost of man hours to manually stuff and mail the Flexible Benefits Reimbursement checks.
- Reimbursement checks can now be processed more frequently. They are processed once a week, instead of twice a month, so employees receive their reimbursements more quickly.
October 31, 2001: An online system was made available for employees to request changes to their medical, dental and/or vision coverage.
- This is a more efficient system for the employee.
- It eliminates the need for these requests to be done by paper copy.
- It saves the cost of printing change forms.
- It also saves the employee man hours required to input changes into the computer system.
- Accuracy is also improved because of this system.
Office of Planning and Institutional Assessment
The Pennsylvania State University
502 Rider Building
University Park, PA 16802-4819
Phone: (814) 863-8721
Fax: (814) 863-7031
Copyright 2006-2013 The Pennsylvania State University
Questions regarding web issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org