Team # 463 -- Behrend College Creating Adult - Friendly Classrooms
Penn State Erie, The Behrend College
ObjectiveCreate "adult-friendly" classrooms appropriate for graduate students.
- John Burke, Sponsor
- Bob Light, Leader/Facilitator
- Mary Ellen Bayuk, Member
- John Fizel, Member
Results Achieved to Date
- The goal of this team was to create several "adult-friendly" classrooms appropriate for graduate students.
The college registrar added a fourth requirement - each room must have a capacity of at least forty-eight.
Among the requirements identified by MBA students for such a classroom were:
- increased access to the Web;
- portability of furniture to facilitate a team approach; and
- comfortable (three-hour) chairs with book racks.
The result of the team's efforts is a recommendation to the provost for the development of two adult-friendly classrooms: Academic 43 and 59.
Cost per room would include:
- Desks: Einstein ELD 30 special Penn State blue laminate $2,800
- Chairs: Perry PRYP w/bookrack 6,300
- Wireless service 1,600
Cost for two rooms would be $21,400.
Office of Planning and Institutional Assessment
The Pennsylvania State University
502 Rider Building
University Park, PA 16802-4819
Phone: (814) 863-8721
Fax: (814) 863-7031
Copyright 2006-2013 The Pennsylvania State University
Questions regarding web issues, please contact email@example.com