Team # 914 -- Automating Missing Information for International and Domestic Applicants
ObjectiveTo improve the processing of Undergraduate Admission applications resulting in greater customer service and process efficiency. Over the past five years the number of Undergraduate Admission applications has increased 33% from 54,724 to 72,862. Applications from international students have more than doubled from 2,295 to 5,247. In addition to the increase in applications, students have come to expect more timely and complete information about the status of their applications. All of these factors created the need for the Undergraduate Admissions Office to improve the applications review work flow process. We also needed to improve the type of information we provide students on MyPennState. This was particularly important for international applications which are more complex.
- Anne Rohrbach, Sponsor
- Cathy Schwab, Co-Chair
- Marty Smith, Co-Chair
- Alberto Gutierrez, Member
- Tryphena Miska, Member
- Deyo Olorunnisola, Member
- Amy Pancoast, Member
- Vince Timbers, Member
- Aimee Comi, Staff Support
Results Achieved to Date
• Information about the status of an application for admission, including required items that are missing, is now displayed on each individual’s MyPennState and updated daily. This is an important customer service improvement for international applicants due to the timing of mail service.
•The improved process has increased efficiencies in the internal processing of application which in turn provides more timely admissions decisions.
• Because applicants have current information available on MyPennState, staff save time on status check phone calls and emails and can focus customer service on more complex issues.
• Re-engineering the work flow process in the student system, allows for more efficient maintenance and future improvements.
Office of Planning and Institutional Assessment
The Pennsylvania State University
502 Rider Building
University Park, PA 16802-4819
Phone: (814) 863-8721
Fax: (814) 863-7031
Copyright 2006-2014 The Pennsylvania State University
Questions regarding web issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org