Team # 1055 -- Wireless as a Common Good Task Force
Information Technology Services (ITS)
ObjectiveThis is one of the 7 Information Technology Leadership Council (ITLC) Task Forces. Common Good Wireless goals are paraphrased from the IT Assessment and the ITLC
- Ubiquitous wireless coverage throughout the University.
- A common, high-quality user experience throughout the coverage area.
- Cost savings in both equipment and support.
- These goals apply to facilities having fiber facilities available.
- Service Exceptions: ARL, Auxiliary Services, other - determined by security, governance, restrictions determined by contract, HIPPA, other
- Direct Layer 2 access should be allowed and under what circumstances?
Additional information on this Task Force is available via the ITLC wiki at: https://wikispaces.psu.edu/display/itcouncil/Wireless+as+a+Common+Good+Task+Force
Please contact the Task Force Chair if there are specific questions about this Task Force.
- Steve Updegrove, Chair
- David Cochrane, Member
- Tyler Davis, Member
- Charles Enfield, Member
- Lou Faulhaber, Member
- James Foreman, Member
- Mike Giornesto, Member
- Tim Grattan, Member
- Randy Hegarty, Member
- Tom Long, Member
- Phil Masfield, Member
- Steve Selfe, Member
- Joel Weidner, Member
Results Achieved to Date
Office of Planning and Institutional Assessment
The Pennsylvania State University
502 Rider Building
University Park, PA 16802-4819
Phone: (814) 863-8721
Fax: (814) 863-7031
Copyright 2006-2014 The Pennsylvania State University
Questions regarding web issues, please contact email@example.com