II. Academic Policies

English Fluency

Under the English Fluency in Higher Education Act, the University must annually file with the Department of Education of the Commonwealth a certification stating that its instructional faculty are fluent in the English language. The act defines "instructional faculty" as "every member of an institution of higher education, other than visiting faculty but including graduate assistants, who teach one or more undergraduate courses. ..." Verification of English fluency is determined by the academic deans and department heads or by campus chancellors and directors of academic affairs. Further information can be obtained by contacting the department head or director of academic affairs.