V. Benefits and Personnel Policies

Workers' Compensation

The University covers its employees with Workers' Compensation Insurance for injuries received while engaged in University Work. An accident report must be filed every time an employee is hurt, no matter how minor the injury may appear to be. The accident should be reported whether the employee is full-time, part-time, or a student worker. The form for reporting accidents is "Employer's Report of Occupational Injury or Disease." (See University Policy SY-4 and www.ohr.psu.edu/WorkersComp/home.cfm.)