Application & Process
Get started today!
What are you waiting for? Most seats are first come, first served, so don't miss your opportunity!
If you are selected for a workshop, the costs are as follows:
- In-state participants: $300 tuition fee per workshop
- Out-of-state participants: $500 tuition fee per workshop
- For a full listing of benefits and costs, please see Fees and Funding
Please note: NASA employees and NASA contractors are not eligible for the workshops. You must also be a U.S. Citizen to attend the workshops.
Applications will be accepted from January 30 until March 16, 2014. Faculty instructors will then review all applications and acceptance notifications will be sent out in early April.
Do not apply to the graduate school until you have received information that you have been accepted into a workshop.
Please answer the application essay questions thoroughly. The workshop attendance is competitive and we will read your answers to make sure that the workshop you have selected to attend is a good fit for you.
We do accept non-science educators into our classes. Please feel free to apply if the workshops interest you and if you are able to apply the activities you will learn to your own classroom.
Please contact us if you have any questions, or need assistance. We look forward to helping you with the application process and seeing you this summer!
Apply early for a better chance of being accepted!
- Apply for the workshop(s) of your choice.
- You will immediately receive a confirmation email that your application has been received and is being reviewed. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not.
- Once your application has been received and reviewed, you will be notified of your acceptance status by email (some time in April) and receive a tuition fee bill from the Pennsylvania Space Grant Consortium.
- A tuition fee ($300 for PA residents, $500 for non-PA residents) will be expected after you receive your acceptance email. Participation in the workshops is very competitive. You will have 14 days to pay the tuition fee before your seat will be given to a teacher on the wait list.
- After you are accepted into the workshop, you'll receive information to help you apply to the Penn State graduate school at http://www.gradsch.psu.edu/portal
For additional assistance, please consult this instructional step-by-step PDF on how to apply to the Penn State Graduate School.
- Two weeks after applying to the graduate school, you might receive a letter in the mail stating whether or not you have been accepted to PSU. Disregard the instruction in the letter to visit the Bursar and Registrar websites - the Space Grant staff will register you for the course and pay your tuition bill. Again, Once you are accepted to the graduate school, our office will register you for the class, YOU DO NOT DO THIS YOURSELF.
If you have any questions about this process, please send an email to email@example.com
- The Pennsylvania Space Grant Consortium office will send you information on the workshop and the pre-course materials, including orientation information, after you have been successfully registered for the workshop.
- Finally, you show up for the workshop and learn lots of neat, new things!
It was great to be able to speak with other teachers who teach similar subjects and age-levels.
I am looking forward to networking with my classmates.
Anonymous 2009 Workshop Participant