Public Expression Guidelines
- Requests to Address the Board: The Board welcomes the opportunity for expression of public views on issues before the Board. A portion of its regular schedule of meetings is reserved for individuals who wish to address the Board. All persons wishing to speak must preregister by completing a Request to Address form and submit it to the Office of the Secretary of the Board of Trustees no later than 11:15 a.m. on the Wednesday prior to the meeting. The Secretary will review this request and notify the person making the request whether he/she may give public comment at the upcoming meeting.
- Time Allocation: Up to thirty minutes will be allowed for public comment. An individual speaker will be permitted up to three minutes for a presentation. This will be strictly adhered to with assistance of a timekeeper.
- Scheduling of Speakers: A maximum of ten speakers will be scheduled for each Board meeting, with preference given to subject matters that relate to the agenda for the current Board meeting and avoid repetition. Speakers will not be chosen on a "first come, first served" basis.
- Topics Permitted: Current agenda items and other topics. The Board will not hear presentations on the following topics: issues under negotiation as part of the University's collective bargaining process; the employment status of any specific individual; statements concerning the private activities, lifestyles or beliefs of any individuals; grievances specific to individual students or employees; proposals or bids for contracts; or pending or threatened litigation involving the University.
- Important Dates: As soon as available (approximately 5 business days in advance of a regularly scheduled meeting), an agenda of items to be considered will be available for public review. The Request to Address form will be available at that same time. All persons wishing to speak must preregister by completing a Request to Address form and submitting it to the Office of the Secretary of the Board of Trustees no later than 11:15 a.m. on the Wednesday prior to the meeting. Deadlines will be posted in advance for each regularly scheduled meeting.
|Date of Meeting||Agenda List/
Request to Address Form Available
|Date Request Due in Board Office|
|Friday, November 20, 2015||Friday, November 13, 2015||Wednesday, November 18, 2015; 11:15 a.m. EST|