02-00 Classification of Undergraduate Students

02-80 Nondegree Student

Revisions to Policy 02-80 were approved by the Senate on April 29, 2014. Implementation pending ACUE action. To view revisions, see the legislative report.

A person enrolled in a course who is not a degree candidate or provisional student is classified as a nondegree student. A nondegree student must either hold a high school diploma or its equivalent to take undergraduate courses. Exceptions may be made by the Undergraduate Admissions Office for students currently enrolled in high school (dual-enrollment students). A nondegree student may apply to enroll, if space is available, in credit courses if the requirements specified in Section 14-00 are met. A nondegree student may become a degree candidate under conditions specified in Section 18-00.

Revised Editorially: 3/2/76
Revised: 1/10/78
Revised: 5/2/78
Revised: 3/13/12

Revised Editorially: 12/5/12