58-00 Re-enrollment as a Degree Candidate
A previous associate or baccalaureate degree candidate seeking re-enrollment as a degree candidate according to Section 58-50 or a non-degree or provisional student seeking re-enrollment to the University may request the Registrar to approve Academic Renewal. To be approved:
- The student must have had an absence of at least four-years during which they were not enrolled in any Penn State credit courses, and
- The student's previous cumulative average was below 2.00.
If Academic Renewal is granted:
- The student's cumulative average will start over at 0.00.
- All prior courses and grades remain unchanged on the student's academic record.
- The notation of Academic Renewal will be recorded on the student's transcript.
- Courses passed with a grade of "C" or better during the earlier enrollment and approved by the dean of the college may be used to fulfill graduation requirements.
- The number of late drop credits available to the student will be reset to the number provided by policy 34-89.
|Initial Legislation: 4/3/84