The Crucible at Foundry Park
The crucible at Foundry Park was used for melting iron in the Foundry, which was originally located on the current park site. The Foundry was built in 1911 from the remains of a dismantled temporary residence hall and used to help train students in metallurgy for the industrial, mechanical and electrical engineering professions. The building was razed in 1989.