PA Historical and Museum
Commission Roadside Marker

Located on the east side of North Atherton Street near the Nittany Lion Inn, this Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission marker was installed in 2004, replacing an outdated one that had stood on the opposite side of the street since 1947. It is one of more than 2,000 PHMC markers statewide, and one of eight that commemorate the Commonwealth's universities.

MORE about the PA Historical and Museum Commission historical marker series