Penn State Intercom......February 7, 2002
The 28th annual International Festival featuring multicultural foods, music and entertainment will be held from Feb. 8 to 17 on the University Park campus.
The event is co-sponsored by the International Students and Scholars unit of the University Office of International Programs, the International Student Council, the International Hospital Council and others.
The schedule follows:
* Friday, Feb. 8: Chinese New Year celebration, 3 p.m. to midnight, Heritage Hall at the HUB-Robeson Center. Tickets cost $3 for adults with student I.D. and $4 for nonstudents. Free admission for children under 12. Tickets are available at 221 HUB and the HUB-Robeson Center ground floor organization desks during lunchtime, and at the HUB-Robeson Center front desk. For information, call He Huang at (814) 863-3431 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Saturday, Feb. 9: International Coffeehouse, 7 to 9 p.m. in Heritage Hall. Admission is free.
* Sunday, Feb. 10: Muslim World Fair, noon to 5 p.m. Heritage Hall. For information, e-mail Ayisha Zaki at email@example.com.
* Sunday, Feb. 10: Lunar New Year Festival 2002, 5:30 to 9:30 p.m. in the Alumni Hall of the HUB-Robeson Center. Tickets are $8 for students, $10 for non-students and $5 for children under 12. Tickets will be sold from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Feb. 8 in the HUB-Robeson Center ground floor. For information, e-mail Abel Chuang at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Monday, Feb. 11: "Winning Hearts and Minds 25 Years Later: a Presentation on Vietnam," by James F. Lynch Jr. and John M. Keller, noon, 222 Boucke Building.
* Thursday, Feb. 14: Film, "Himalaya," 7:30 p.m., 101 Thomas Building. Admission is free.
* Friday, Feb. 15: "Global Nutrition Education," by Claudia Probart, associate professor of nutrition, 11:30 a.m., 108 Wartik.
* Saturday, Feb. 16: Thai Night, 6 to 8:30 p.m., Heritage Hall. Tickets are available Feb. 11 to 15 in the ground floor of the HUB-Robeson Center. For information, e-mail Decha Sermwittayawong at email@example.com.
* Sunday, Feb. 17: International Children's Fair, 12:30 to 4 p.m. in 126 White Building. Admission is free.
For information about the festival, call Linda Keefer at (814) 865-6348.