The first permanent Penn State technical center was established in the attic of the Stevens School at Sixth and Tilghman streets in Allentown in 1912.
Hospital, foreground, stands
in the shadow of Beaver Stadium on the University Park campus.
C. Light, professor of communication disorders, began teaching at the
University in 1990.
Dean Alters, from
Lion Country Electric, is
one of the many demolition company employees helping to take down two
sections of the Nittany Parking Deck on the University Park campus. Alters
is removing electrical wiring form the structure, so that the next team
can come in and advance the project, which, when completed, will expand
parking at the deck.
Gary Perdue, a
retired senior producer at WPSX-TV, has started a second career as sculpture
major at the University. After creating a clay mold, he pours plaster
an undergraduate art student in the College of Arts and Architecture,
constructs a lizard for her Art 230 class.
Joseph P. Cusumano, associate
professor of engineering science and mechanics, has studied how the
steadiness of a marksman's aim may have applications in diagnosing and
tracking the progression of a neuro-muscular disorder or injury.
A room with a view
Thanks to Melanie Eger, occupants of 401 Old Main on the University Park campus no longer see a blank wall when they look out their windows. The junior art student has brightened the wall with a mural depicting what they would see if the wall weren't there.