Penn State Intercom......June
seeks associate director
Penn State Cooperative Extension is seeking candidates for the position of associate director.
The associate director provides leadership and administration for the day-to-day operations and reports to and supports the director, who also serves as associate dean in the College of Agricultural Sciences and associate vice president for University Outreach.
Specific responsibilities include:
* providing leadership, advocacy and facilitation in support of cooperative extension programming;
ensuring implementation of policies and procedures related to program
planning, delivery and evaluation;
* ensuring implementation
of policies and procedures related to fiscal and human resource management;
* providing leadership for outreach to diverse clientele, including responsibilities related to affirmative action, civil rights and equal employment opportunity;
* communicating policies, procedures and processes to internal and external audiences;
* facilitating close working relationships and effective collaborations within the college, with other University outreach partners and with other colleges' programs within the University;
* establishing and maintaining close working relationships and collaborations with external constituencies and local, state and federal government agencies; and
* ensuring compliance with all applicable institutional, state and federal reporting requirements.
Candidates must have an earned doctorate in a discipline or a combination of disciplines that provide strong background for day-to-day operational leadership of a large, complex cooperative extension organization. Significant evidence of successful experience in leading and administering cooperative extension and outreach programs is required. Demonstrated excellence in leadership; effective interpersonal, communication and organizational skills; and experience in securing and managing funding to enhance cooperative extension and outreach programming are essential. This is an academic administrator position with a tenured faculty appointment if appropriate.
Candidates should submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae, two-page summary of their view of the challenges facing a leading cooperative extension organization and complete contact information for four references. Send information to: Theodore R. Alter, director, Penn State Cooperative Extension, 217 Agricultural Administration Building -- Box SRCH, University Park, Pa. 16802-2600.
Submissions will be reviewed beginning July 15 and continue until a suitable candidate is identified.
about Penn State Cooperative Extension can be found at http://www.extension.psu.edu.