Suggested Questions for Exit Interviews for Faculty Who Are Leaving for Other Positions or Reasons
1) If you are leaving for another position, did you seek that position or were you approached first?
2) Were you generally satisfied with your experience at Penn State? If not, did you express the areas of your dissatisfaction to your administrative supervisors before seeking other opportunities or making the decision to leave?
3) How would you compare the level and number of assignments given to you--in such areas as service, teaching, and advising--to those of your colleagues?
4) How would you compare the level of support and opportunities given to you--e.g., mentoring, research support, collaborative opportunities- to those of your colleagues?
5) Is there anything that we could have done that would have persuaded you to stay?
6) If you are leaving because of spousal dissatisfaction with professional opportunities or quality of life, is there more that Penn State could have done to address those issues?
7) What changes do you perceive are occurring in the direction of Penn State, your college, and department/division?
8) How competitive is Penn State, especially in your discipline?
9) What advice do you have for us to enable us to become a better institution?
Vice Provost for Academic Affairs Directory
201 Old Main
University Park, PA 16802
Phone: (814) 863-7494
Web page last modified June 5, 2014