Penn State Clinical and Translational Science Institute announces its Biostatistics, Epidemiology and Research Design (BERD) Research Methods Seminar Series schedule for the fall 2020 semester. The Research Methods Seminar Series features fundamental subjects in the fall and advanced topics in the spring semester. Statisticians and methodologists from multiple Penn State departments present these seminars.
Seminars are held from 4 to 5 p.m. via webinar.
The fall schedule is:
- Sept. 8: 'Uncover the Power of Observational Studies," by Duanping Liao. Register here.
- Sept. 22: "Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis," by Vernon Chinchilli. Register here.
- Oct. 6: "The Basics of Randomization and Sample Size Estimation," by Allen Kunselman. Register here.
- Oct. 20: "Research Databases and Clinical Trial Applications," by Paula Valencia-Moulton and Aimee Merchlinski. Register here.
- Nov. 3: "Qualitative Research for Translational Science," by Heather Stuckey. Register here.
- Nov. 17: "Mixed Methods for Translational Science," by Lauren J. Van Scoy. Register here.
- Dec. 8: "Using Publicly Available Large National Health Survey/Surveillance Databases for Research," by Li Wang. Register here.
Biostatistics, Epidemiology and Research Design is part of Penn State Clinical and Translational Science Institute’s Research Methods Core. To request a biostatistics consultation with the core, complete a service request form. The institute provides Penn State research studies at any campus with up to four hours of free biostatistics service for free.