UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. — A new role is being added to Canvas today (Sept. 6) that enables Penn State instructors to add University librarians into their class. This role is especially helpful in courses that require external research beyond information that is provided in the course.
The librarian can:
- participate in a discussion board dedicated to research and information questions;
- create videos for inclusion in the course;
- participate in collaborative videos with the faculty member;
- communicate with students about their research needs and hold research consultations; and
- provide an embedded presence of the library in courses.
Additional options are available depending on program needs.
This role is in addition to the new Library Resources section recently added to Canvas that connects students and faculty to course e-reserves and online library guides in support of research available for specific courses and also available by subject.
Faculty who are interested in utilizing a librarian in their courses can contact the library at email@example.com to discuss their needs.