UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. — During finals week, Penn State University Libraries is offering fun and relaxing De-Stress Fest activities to help students at the University Park campus relax and ease stress as they study for finals and complete end-of-semester papers and projects. In addition, extended hours at most Libraries locations University-wide are in effect through Friday, Dec. 14, with Pattee Library and Paterno Library offering continuous 24-hour access.
End-of-semester hours at all Libraries locations University-wide are available at https://libraries.psu.edu/hours-and-locations.
CATA Loop Bus extended hours
Also, the Office of the Vice President for Information Technology and the University Libraries again will co-sponsor an extension of CATA Loop Bus late-night service to assist students with travel to and from computer labs and Libraries locations during the end of the semester. Available daily through Friday, Dec. 14, the Blue Loop will run to 2:21 a.m. and the White Loop will run to 2:15 a.m. at the Pattee Transit Center. Those buses will run approximately every 20 minutes.
De-stress at five University Park Libraries locations
De-Stress Fest once again will take place in five University Park Libraries locations across the University Park campus, offering free coffee and snacks, as well as games, activities, art therapy and other stress management options. Students can stop in the Mann Assembly Room, 103 Paterno Library between 3 p.m. and 8 p.m. Sunday-Tuesday, Dec. 9-11, for free coffee and snacks, games and art therapy.
Additional puzzles and games will be available in the first floor lobbies of Pattee Library and Paterno Library to help students relieve stress during the busy week. Branch library locations at University Park will offer snacks, coffee hours and various activities to students while they study, as well as extended hours of operation at all locations.
The full schedule for De-Stress Fest activities at all University Park Libraries locations is listed below:
Tuesday, Dec. 4–Thursday, Dec. 6, Architecture and Landscape Architecture Library, first floor, Stuckeman Family Building
- All day: Puzzles available
- Evenings: snacks and drinks
- Extended hours: Friday, Dec. 7, through Tuesday, Dec. 11
Sunday, Dec. 9–Tuesday, Dec. 11, first floor Pattee Library and Paterno Library
- All day: Puzzles, Paterno Library lobby
- All day: Wii and bean bag toss, Central Pattee Library lobby
- 3-8 p.m.: Free coffee and snacks, games and art therapy, Mann Assembly Room, 103 Paterno Library
Sunday, Dec. 9–Wednesday, Dec. 12, Engineering Library, 325 Hammond Building
- All day, starting Friday, Dec. 7: Activities
- 6-7 p.m. Dec. 9: Snacks and drinks; please "Bring Your Own Cup" (BYOC)
- 10-11 a.m. and 6-7 p.m. Dec. 10-12: Snacks and drinks; BYOC
Monday, Dec. 10–Thursday, Dec. 13, Physical and Mathematical Sciences Library, second floor, Davey Lab
- All day: Snack and drinks, while they last
- All day: Puzzles and other activities
Sunday, Dec. 9–Thursday, Dec. 13, Fletcher L. Byrom Earth and Mineral Sciences Library, 105 Deike Building
- Daily: Fresh apples and snacks available, while they last
- All day: Puzzles and other activities available
For more information about De-Stress Fest or for questions about accommodations for this event, contact Megan Gilpin at 814-867-0069 or firstname.lastname@example.org.