MEDIA, Pa. — Penn State Brandywine students who have impacted the campus through their leadership and service were honored at a ceremony on April 29. The annual leadership awards program highlights the achievements of students involved with clubs, student government and campus programs.
Kennesha Busby, a senior biology major and international student, received the Eric A. and Josephine S. Walker Award. This award recognizes undergraduate students whose outstanding qualities of character, scholarship, leadership and citizenship have been directed into programs and services that have positively influenced fellow students and have contributed to the prestige and well-being of their campus and Penn State at large.
Busby has been president of the Multicultural Club, co-chair of the Brandywine Events & Activities Support Team (BEAST), diversity chair and events coordinator for the Student Government Association (SGA), a peer tutor and a student assistant for Multilingual and International Student Programs.
One of her three nominators said: “Kennesha consistently demonstrates a commitment to our campus, a commitment to her academics and a commitment to our community, and she contributes her time, talents and energy to Brandywine and Penn State in many ways. Her impact has been far reaching and she has positively influenced a wide range of people — from leading clubs to sharing her culture both on campus and in the community.”
Individual leadership awards were presented to the following students who demonstrated leadership qualities and contributed to student life:
- Laila Boujida, public relations chair of SGA and a member of the Chancellor’s Commission on Empowering Women
- Kennesha Busby, president of the Multicultural Club and a member of BEAST
- Victor Ficarra, president of the Lion Ambassadors and captain of the tennis team
- Danielle Guth, president of the DMAX Club, vice president of the Active Minds Club and a member of the Chancellor’s Commission on Disability and Advancing Accessibility
- Dana Hallahan, event co-chair of BEAST and vice president of the Lion Ambassadors
- Nicole Jimenez, marketing co-chair for BEAST, sustainability chair for SGA and a member of the Chancellor’s Commission on Racial and Ethnic Justice
- Christianna Kile, president of the Paws and Clubs Club
- Jack Kwok, vice president of SGA and president of the Sustainability and History Clubs
- Brisa Luzzi Castro, a member of the Chancellor’s Commission on Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity and a panelist for the diversity summit and social justice fair
- Jemimah Mwaba, a resident assistant, Lion Ambassador and president of the Nittany Christian Fellowship
- Himani Vommi, administrative co-chair of BEAST and president of the Information Sciences & Technology/Security & Risk Analysis Club
- Matthew Wickel, president of SGA and vice president of the Sustainability Club