UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. — The Penn State Smeal College of Business recognizes graduating seniors each spring with four named awards. Seniors who are graduating in the spring, summer or fall of the same year are eligible. Recipients will be recognized at commencement and receive a Nittany Lion statuette, as well as a monetary award.
The four awards are listed below with descriptions of each and this year’s recipient(s):
Helen Eakin Eisenhower Award: Awarded to graduating seniors who have demonstrated scholarship, leadership, character and service to the Smeal College of Business.
- Kelly Tamburo, risk management (actuarial science)/economics
The George Leland Leffler Scholarship: Awarded to an outstanding finance major.
- Nicholas Lope, finance
The John M. and Anne B. Stevens Academic Integrity Award: Awarded to a graduating senior or seniors who demonstrate leadership in academic integrity by serving on a college committee, task force or in a leadership role, dedicated to upholding the Smeal Honor Code, and to promoting a culture of academic integrity.
- Patrick Bocchicchio, finance
- Natalie Rold, accounting (MAcc)
Ralph H. Wherry Student Service Award: This award honors graduating seniors who excelled in service to the college, have exhibited academic achievement, and manifest the promise of a successful professional career.
- Alyssa Berdan, supply chain and information systems
- Paul Birch, risk management (actuarial science)
- Ching-Yee Jenny Ho, finance
- Maria Lucchi, supply chain and information systems
- Kate McGrath, marketing
- Emily Purnell, accounting (MAcc)/Spanish
- Bryce Starner, corporate innovation and entrepreneurship/Spanish/comparative literature
- Hannah Widmayer, finance/psychology
- Benjamin Wondering, supply chain and information systems