UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. — Applications open Aug. 1 for undergraduate admission to Penn State in fall 2022. Students can find application information at admissions.psu.edu. In addition to applying through MyPennState (available Aug. 1), prospective students can also apply using the Coalition application or the Common App (both also available Aug. 1).
Those who complete the application by Nov. 1, 2021, will be considered Early Action (EA) applicants. Students selecting EA will receive a decision by Dec. 24. Early Action applicants will receive notice of their student aid package in early February, giving them more time for financial planning. EA does not obligate admitted students to attend Penn State. Early Action applicants still have until May 1, 2022, to make their decision.
The dates and deadlines are:
- Aug. 1, 2021: Applications for undergraduate admission become available
- Oct. 1, 2021: Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) becomes available
- Nov. 1, 2021: Penn State’s Early Action filing deadline
- Nov. 1, 2021: Schreyer Honors College early deadline for optional interview
- Dec. 1, 2021: FAFSA recommended filing date
- Dec. 6, 2021: Schreyer Honors College final deadline
- Dec. 24, 2021: Early Action applicants will receive their decision (admit, defer, deny)
- Early February 2022: Early awarding of student aid begins for applicants in Early Action
- May 1, 2022: National Decision Day (enrollment deposits are due)
Test scores on Penn State undergraduate applications will be optional at least through fall 2023. Students will be asked on the application if they want to have SAT or ACT test scores included in their evaluation. Students are able to change the response to the test-optional question as long as the request is submitted prior to receiving an admission decision. More information on test-optional admission is available here.
More information about undergraduate admission to Penn State is available on the Undergraduate Admissions website.
Penn State Undergraduate Admissions is part of the Office of Undergraduate Education, the academic and administrative unit that provides leadership and coordination for University-wide programs and initiatives in support of undergraduate teaching and learning at Penn State. Learn more about Undergraduate Education at undergrad.psu.edu.