The 2017 Benefits Open Enrollment period through the Office of Human Resources begins Nov. 1, offering faculty and staff a wide array of comprehensive and interactive tools and resources to assist with these important benefits decisions.
Running through Nov. 18, Benefits Open Enrollment provides Penn State employees the annual opportunity to make or change benefits selections, with all changes and updates taking effect on Jan. 1, 2017.
Benefits Open Enrollment is the only opportunity for Penn State faculty and staff to make benefits changes for 2017, unless an employee has an eligible change-in-status event, such as the birth of a child or marriage.
To empower employees and help simplify the process, Human Resources has once again consolidated all of the information and tools employees will need on the 2017 Benefits Open Enrollment microsite.
Among the most useful features of the microsite is the comprehensive benefits e-Magazine. A key feature of the website, the all-encompassing e-Magazine is a digital publication offering informative videos and useful links that will allow participants to choose the best plan for their families.
Other microsite features include:
- Explanations of the PPO Savings Plan and PPO Blue Plan, and side-by-side coverage comparisons
- Basic and comprehensive decision tools that assist employees on the health plan decision-making process
- Information on health care, dental, vision, optional life insurance, long-term disability and accidental death and dismemberment benefits
- A schedule of remaining meetings and links to online webinars, as well as a link to a recorded presentation, may be found at http://openenrollment.psu.edu/webinar-schedule/
- A link to enroll in or change benefits for 2017
Among the changes for 2017 are modest increases in copays and deductibles in both the PPO Blue and PPO Savings plans and, in certain cases, premium increases.
Another change is an increase in Penn State's contribution to the Health Savings Account (HSA) for those earning $60,000 or less who participate in the PPO Savings Plan.
Beginning Nov. 1, log into ESSIC – Employee Self-Service Information Center to make your 2017 benefits selections, with all changes and updates taking effect on Jan. 1, 2017. Be sure to indicate your payroll contributions for the Health Savings Account or Flexible Spending Account, if applicable, as these amounts do not roll over from year to year. You’ll also be able to attest to the spousal and tobacco surcharges, if applicable. Watch for additional articles in Penn State Today during the Benefits Open Enrollment period.