Penn State's Board of Trustees committees took action on a number of recommendations during its regularly scheduled meeting in Hershey, Pennsylvania, on Feb. 25.
The board's committees:
- Approved a move to vote on funding the third and final phase of the Intramural Building renovations;
- Heard recommendations on room and board rates for the upcoming academic year as well as a proposed multi-year capital assessment to support long-range building projects;
- Approved the first phase of a long-term initiative to renovate all of East and Pollock residence halls on the University Park campus;
- Heard an informational report regarding the possibility of alcohol sales as select Athletlcs events; and
- Recommended a plan for improved security at Penn State recreation facilities.
The full Board of Trustees will meet on Friday, Feb. 26. The meeting will be live streamed on WPSU at http://wpsu.org/trustees.