UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. — Parents and families of Penn State students are invited to share in the University's traditions during Parents and Families Weekend, set for Oct. 2-4 on the University Park campus. From touring Old Main to snapping photos at the Lion Shrine, the best Penn State traditions are even sweeter when shared with family.
While seeing your student is always the best part of the weekend, some events to look forward to include: Old Main Open House, Family Tailgate Lunch, Football Game Watch Party, Off-Campus Housing Fair, United in Song: A Student a Capella Concert, the Pumpkin Festival at The Arboretum, Astronight, guided tours of facilities across campus including Beaver Stadium and the Breazeale Nuclear Reactor, and special events hosted by academic colleges.
Answers to frequently asked questions:
- The weekend’s events begin midday Friday and come to a close on Sunday afternoon.
- Lodging fills quickly in the State College area; visit the Parents Program website to explore options.
- Registration begins at noon on Aug. 11. Overall registration and most events are free; however, some events require a ticket purchase or additional registration. More information will be shared closer to the registration date.
- The event schedule will be posted in August and will include details about events requiring ticket purchases.
- For more information, visit the Parents and Families Weekend FAQ page.
Those with questions regarding Parents and Families Weekend are invited to contact the Parents Program, a unit of Penn State Student Affairs, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 814-863-1313. To view the schedule of events for the weekend, visit the Parents Program website.