UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. — Penn State University Transportation Services, in partnership with the University Park Undergraduate Association (UPUA), has announced extended hours of student parking during the final week of fall semester classes and finals week.
Beginning at 4 p.m. Friday, Dec. 2, and continuing through 7:30 a.m. Friday, Dec. 16, the overnight parking restrictions for student parking permits will be waived. As a result, the following parking allowances will be in effect:
- Resident student permit holders will gain overnight parking access to the East, Eisenhower, and Nittany parking decks, in addition to lots already authorized by their respective permits.
- Off-campus student permit holders (Commuter, Lot 43, Lot 83 East) will gain overnight parking access to all lots normally authorized for evening/weekend parking (see yellow-shaded lots on the Student Parking Map), excluding the HUB Parking Deck.
- Student Commuter permit holders will also be permitted to park at the Commuter lots (Lot 44, Stadium West, Porter North) during overnight hours.
The following parking restrictions, however, will remain in effect:
- No overnight student parking will be permitted in Lot Green H (Hort Woods Child Care) or the HUB Parking Deck between 2 and 4 a.m. each day.
- Student vehicles must return to their assigned lot by 7:30 a.m., Monday through Friday.
- Resident student parking lots will remain reserved for vehicles displaying the permit specific to each student lot.
- Regulations for all lots prohibiting student parking will also remain in effect (see the red-shaded lots with the “No Parking” symbol on the Student Parking Map).
- Parking spaces posted as reserved, such as Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and service/delivery spaces, will remain reserved 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Paid time must be showing at metered and pay station spaces during posted hours of operation, regardless of whether a valid permit is displayed.
Eligible students not currently registered for on-campus parking may take advantage of the extended overnight parking privileges by purchasing a temporary student permit at the weekly permit rates:
- Lot 82 - $25 per week (available to resident students)
- Lot 83 - $15 per week (available to resident students)
- Lot 83 East - $20 per week (available to off-campus students – 24/7 parking)
- Commuter - $5 per week (available to off-campus students)
With the exception of the commuter students, all students must have completed at least 28 credits prior to the fall semester to be eligible for on-campus student parking. Freshmen students in need of end-of-semester parking should contact the Parking Office for information on how to apply for parking consideration.
To register for a temporary permit, please visit the Parking Office during normal business hours, 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Students must show their Penn State ID and provide their vehicle license plate number to register. Payment may be made by cash, check or money order, major credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover), or LionCash+.
If there are any questions, please contact the Parking Office by phone at (814) 865-1436 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.