UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. -- To accommodate setup for the annual 4th Fest celebration to be held on Tuesday, July 4 near the Bryce Jordan Center and Medlar Field, several parking and traffic restrictions will be in place beginning Friday, June 30, through Wednesday, July 5.
During the restricted times listed below, all vehicles (including University vehicles) must be removed from the designated areas. University vehicles should be moved to the East Deck, Eisenhower Deck, Yellow H (Shields), Orange H (Materials Research Lab), or one of the Orange lots near the Greenburg Complex or the Housing and Food Services Building.
FRIDAY, JUNE 30
The following parking areas will be reserved for 4th Fest setup beginning at 5 p.m. Friday, June 30:
- Jordan Visitor Lot
- Orange L East (ADA spaces will remain available through Monday, July 3)
- South half of Stadium West (areas below east-west drive lane; ADA parking available in Jordan East/Lot 44)
Any vehicles remaining in these sections must be removed no later than 2 a.m. Saturday, July 2. These areas will reopen for normal use at 5 a.m. Wednesday, July 5.
MONDAY, JULY 3
The following parking areas will be reserved for 4th Fest setup beginning at 5 p.m. Monday, July 3:
- Jordan East/Lot 44
- North half of Stadium West
- Porter North
- Porter South
Any vehicles remaining in these lots must be removed no later than 2 a.m. Tuesday, July 4. These areas will reopen for normal use at 5 a.m. Wednesday, July 5.
TUESDAY, JULY 4
The following parking areas will be reserved for 4th Fest parking only beginning at 7 a.m. Tuesday, July 4:
- Orange A West (OPP)
- Orange B (Nittany Lion Softball Park)
- Orange O (Park Avenue and Meats Lab)
These areas will reopen for normal use at 5 a.m. Wednesday, July 5.
Click on the 4th Fest Parking Restrictions Google Map to view a map of the affected Penn State parking areas.
STATE COLLEGE SPIKES PARKING
Parking will remain available at Jordan East/Lot 44 and Porter North for the State College Spikes games to be held at Medlar Field on Monday, July 3. A valid Penn State permit or payment of the event parking fee will be required.
4TH FEST PARKING
Visit the 4th Fest website for information on available 4th Fest parking.
Several 4th Fest-related events will result in the following traffic restrictions:
- A section of Curtin Road between University Drive and Porter Road will be closed for the 4th Fest activities on Tuesday, July 4, beginning at 9 a.m. The section of that area located between Porter Road and the entrance to Jordan East/Lot 44 will remain closed through Monday, July 10, for event activities related to the Happy Valley Jam concert at Beaver Stadium to be held on Saturday, July 8. As a result of this closure, the Curtin Road at Stadium West (stop #355) and Curtin Road at Bryce Jordan Center (stop #287) CATA stops will be closed from Wednesday, July 5, through Monday, July 10. This detour will affect the BLUE LOOP, RED LINK and HP routes. Please use the Jordan East (stop #281) and/or Medlar Field (stop #569) stops as alternatives.
- Sections of Curtin Road, Bigler Road, McKean Road, Mifflin Road, Pollock Road, Shortlidge Road, Burrowes Road and Fraser Road will see periodic road closures for the Firecracker 4K and 4 mile races from approximately 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. on Tuesday, July 4.
- Sections of Shortlidge Road, Pollock Road, Bigler Road and Curtin Road will see periodic closures for the Parade of Heroes from approximately 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Tuesday, July 4.
Visit http://www.4thfest.org/ for more information on 4th Fest activities. For questions related to campus parking restrictions, please contact the Parking Office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 865-1436.