UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. — The Office of Student Activities will host a three-day Spring Virtual Student Involvement Fair from Jan. 26 to 28. The event will run daily from 11 a.m. through 2 p.m.
Students hoping to become more involved on campus will have the opportunity to browse through Zoom rooms of participating organizations and meet current members who will be available to answer questions.
The three-day event will be broken down into categories, with a full list of organizations that will be available listed below:
- Academic/professional organizations
- Honor societies
- University departments and resources
- Club sports
- Dance organizations
- International/multicultural organizations
- Media/publication organizations
- Music/performing arts organizations
- Physical activity organizations
- Philanthropy organizations
- Political organizations
- Religious/spiritual organizations
- Residence Life Special Living Options
- Service organizations
- Special interest organizations
- Student councils
- Student government associations
- University affiliates
Hosted through OrgCentral, participating students will find the Spring Student Virtual Involvement Fair under the “events” tab of OrgCentral. A list of participating organizations will have brief descriptions and Zoom links for students to join.
Organizations looking to participate in the Spring Student Virtual Involvement Fair can sign up under the “manage” viewpoint of the organization’s page. When signing up, provide a brief description of the organization, along with a Zoom meeting link. On the day of the event, have members present in the Zoom meeting to chat with potential new members.
Those unable to attend the Spring Student Virtual Involvement Fair can check out 90-second videos created by student organizations through FlipGrid. All content is curated by categories and is created by students. You will need to login with your Penn State email to access FlipGrid.
For further information and a list of all Penn State Student Organizations, go to OrgCentral. The following tips can help you easily search student organization opportunities:
- Make sure you are signed in with your Penn State information. Signing in gives you ALL our organizations and opportunities. You can log in using your Penn State credentials.
- Search with keywords under the “Organization” tab at the top of the site. Keyword searches don’t work well in the “search bar” on the main page. To get a more comprehensive list, click “Organizations” at the top of the webpage.
- Not sure where to start? Click the “Organization” tab at the top. On the left, you can filter by our categories and narrow down organization types.
- Connect through OrgCentral! On a Student Organization page in OrgCentral, you can find important contact information, meeting dates/times/locations, and more.
- Try something new! Use OrgCentral to discover new organizations or interests.
For additional questions, contact Dawn Savage here.