UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. — Penn State Transportation Services, in partnership with the University Park Undergraduate Association, will again offer extended hours of student parking during the final week of fall semester classes and finals week.
Beginning at 4 p.m. Friday, Dec. 2, and continuing through 7:30 a.m. Friday, Dec. 16, the overnight parking restrictions for student parking permits will be waived. As a result, the following parking allowances will be in effect:
- Resident student permit holders will gain overnight parking access to the East, Eisenhower, and Nittany parking decks, in addition to lots already authorized by their respective permits.
- Off-campus student permit holders (Commuter, Lot 43, Lot 83 East) will gain overnight parking access to all lots normally authorized for evening/weekend parking (see yellow-shaded lots on the Student Parking Map), excluding the HUB Parking Deck.
- Student Commuter permit holders will also be permitted to park at the Commuter lots (Lot 44, Stadium West, Porter North) during overnight hours.
The following parking restrictions, however, will remain in effect:
- No overnight student parking will be permitted in Lot Green H (Hort Woods Child Care) or the HUB Parking Deck between 2 and 4 a.m. each day.
- Student vehicles must return to their assigned lot by 7:30 a.m., Monday through Friday.
- Resident student parking lots will remain reserved for vehicles displaying the permit specific to each student lot.
- Regulations for all lots prohibiting student parking will also remain in effect (see the red-shaded lots with the “No Parking” symbol on the Student Parking Map).
- Parking spaces posted as reserved, such as Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and service/delivery spaces, will remain reserved 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Paid time must be showing at metered and pay station spaces during posted hours of operation, regardless of whether a valid permit is displayed.
Students not currently registered for a parking permit who wish to gain this extended parking access during the final week of classes and finals week may visit the Parking Office to purchase a temporary permit at the applicable weekly or prorated semester rate. The Parking Office is located at 1 Eisenhower Parking Deck and open weekdays from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
For questions, contact the Parking Office at 814-865-1436 or email@example.com.