With students away from campus between the week of Thanksgiving and the start of the spring semester, Transportation Services and CATA will implement service changes beginning Monday, Nov. 23.
Faculty/staff core parking permits (Brown, Green, Orange, Red, Silver, Yellow) will be valid for parking at additional parking areas beginning Monday, Nov. 23 through Friday, Jan. 8. Available lots include:
- East Deck
- Eisenhower Deck
- HUB Deck
- Nittany Deck
- Red A
- Brown 11 (White Course Apartments student parking area)
- Lot 22 (Eastview Terrace student parking area)
- Lot 42 (Nittany Apartments student parking area)
- Lot 81 (South/Pollock student parking area)
- Lot 82 (East Halls student parking area)
To access the East, HUB and Nittany decks, permit holders must scan their permit’s barcode at entrance and exit lane machines. Permit holders should not take a ticket.
Access to these areas will not be available to faculty and staff with a Commuter or Evening/Weekend permit. However, those who wish to gain access to student parking areas during this time may visit the Transportation Services Office to purchase an upgrade permit at an additional cost of $27 per month for Commuter permit holders and $31 per month for Evening/Weekend permit holders. The Transportation Services Office is located at 1 Eisenhower Parking Deck and open from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Weekend parking regulations will be in effect Thursday, Nov. 26, and Friday, Nov. 27, and again from Thursday, Dec. 24, through Friday, Jan. 1. This means that all faculty/staff and student permit holders may park throughout the day at all areas normally available to them during evening and weekend hours on these select days.
Normal parking regulations will remain in effect on all other days from now through the spring semester.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 865-1436 for more information.
- MONDAY, NOV. 23 – WEDNESDAY, NOV. 25: Reduced service
- THURSDAY, NOV. 26: No service
- FRIDAY, NOV. 27 – WEDNESDAY, DEC. 23: Reduced service
- THURSDAY, DEC. 24 – FRIDAY, DEC. 25: No service
- SATURDAY, DEC. 26: Reduced service
- MONDAY, DEC. 28 – THURSDAY, DEC. 31: Split reduced service
- FRIDAY, JAN. 1: No service
- SATURDAY, JAN. 2 – THURSDAY, JAN. 15: Reduced service
- FRIDAY, JAN. 16: Full service resumes
CATA will continue to operate Monday through Saturday only, with no Sunday service on any routes. Service will operate on all routes until approximately 10 p.m. nightly, Monday through Saturday. When operating on its Reduced Service schedule, available CATA campus service will include only the Blue Loop and Red Link - White Loop and Green Link service will not be available. Full details on CATA service changes may be found at the CATA website - https://catabus.com/catabus/catabus-service-calendar/.
Riders can review CATA's overall plans and passenger protocols for Fall 2020 in response to the COVID-19 pandemic at https://catabus.com/protocols-fall2020/.
Those with comments, concerns, and suggestions related to the planned service changes noted below are encouraged to contact CATA at 238-CATA (2282) during normal business hours, or to email CATA staff at email@example.com.
CAMPUS SHUTTLE SERVICE
- MONDAY, NOV. 23 – WEDNESDAY, NOV. 25: Normal service for Campus Shuttle via College Avenue; no service for Campus Shuttle via Beaver Avenue
- THURSDAY, NOV. 26 – FRIDAY, NOV. 27: No Campus Shuttle service
- MONDAY, NOV. 30 – WEDNESDAY, DEC. 23: Normal service for Campus Shuttle via College Avenue; no service for Campus Shuttle via Beaver Avenue
- THURSDAY, DEC. 24 – FRIDAY, JAN. 1: No Campus Shuttle service
- MONDAY, JAN. 4 – MONDAY, JAN. 18: Normal service for Campus Shuttle via College Avenue; no service for Campus Shuttle via Beaver Avenue
- TUESDAY, JAN. 19: Full service resumes - both Campus Shuttle routes in operation
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Real-time Campus Shuttle locations and arrival predictions are available by downloading the TransLoc mobile app.
TRANSPORTATION SERVICES AND FLEET OPERATIONS OFFICE HOURS
- MONDAY, NOV. 23 – WEDNESDAY, NOV. 25: Normal hours
- THURSDAY, NOV. 26 – FRIDAY, NOV. 27: Closed
- MONDAY, NOV. 30 – WEDNESDAY, DEC. 23: Normal hours (Note: Both offices will close for the day at noon Friday, Dec. 18)
- THURSDAY, DEC. 24 – FRIDAY, JAN. 1: Closed
- MONDAY, JAN. 4: Both offices reopen for the spring semester