Applications are now being accepted for the Steve A. Garban Grant-In-Aid at Penn State.
This grant-in-aid, awarded to one new first-year student, is intended to assist with room-and-board charges for two years, provided the student continues full-time enrollment at Penn State or Penn College, incurs on-campus room-and-board charges, and demonstrates academic success.
To be eligible for this award, incoming students must meet all of the following eligibility requirements:
- child of a full-time Penn State or Penn College technical service or staff employee;
- a first-year, full-time student at any Penn State campus or at the Pennsylvania College of Technology;
- demonstrated leadership and humanitarian qualities through extracurricular activities during high school; and
- the incoming student has achieved or show promise of achieving academic success.
The award amount varies based on on-campus room-and-board charges with two awards given annually.
Application and contact information
To be considered, students must submit a letter that includes all of the following:
- student's name;
- student's Penn State ID number or Penn College ID number;
- parent’s Penn State ID number or Penn College ID number;
- Penn State or Penn College staff or technical service employee's name and position; and
- a personal essay of no more than two typewritten pages that gives examples of the student's leadership, humanitarian, and academic merits
Email letter of application to: Office of Student Aid Scholarship Committee University Scholarships Office of Student Aid, email@example.com
Student letters will be accepted until April 16. The award recipient will be selected by the Office of Student Aid Scholarship Committee and announced in May. All applicants will be notified.