Effective Wednesday, Dec. 9, Penn State Health changed visitor policies at Hershey Medical Center, Holy Spirit Medical Center, St. Joseph Medical Center and Penn State Health Medical Group locations.
Adult visitation changes include:
- No visitors for adult patients
- No family/support persons for adult inpatients, outpatient surgery/procedure patients and emergency department and outpatient clinic patients―Exceptions only
- In adult cases in which an exception is approved, the family/support person is not permitted to stay overnight.
- Labor and Delivery―One family/support person per stay
Pediatric patient changes include:
- Inpatients―two family/support persons per stay
- Outpatient surgery― two family/support persons per stay
- Emergency department―two family/support persons per stay
- Outpatient procedure/outpatient clinic―one family/support person per stay
- Other than the parent, guardians and family/support persons, no visitors for pediatric patients
System representatives will evaluate the guidelines regularly and make needed changes in response to the COVID-19 environment and safety issues across the system.