UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. — Happy Valley LaunchBox powered by PNC Bank has accepted nine new early-stage startup businesses into its FastTrack Accelerator program. The business ideas range from artificial intelligence advising to air purification systems to easier subletting,
Thirty teams applied for the no-cost business accelerator program, which is open to the community, as well as Penn State students, faculty and staff. The accelerator, which runs from November through April, consists of 16 weekly group sessions, plus weekly 1-on-1 sessions with Happy Valley LaunchBox Chief Amplifier Lee Erickson. The teams also gain access to business, legal and intellectual property advice and free co-working space.
“The program is designed to help teams quickly test their identified market and build solutions to challenges based on real customer feedback, and advance them until they win their first customer,” says Erickson.
The 2018 Fall FastTrack Accelerator Teams are:
- Aspire helps college students identify classes & activities that increase their chances of landing their "dream job."
- DermatoloMe is developing a testing method that reduces the time and costs of identifying the best treatment for patients with acne.
- LionPlanner simplifies academic planning for college students by consolidating resources into one drag-and-drop system.
- Manufacting, LLC helps small- to medium-sized manufacturers reduce costs and simplify the creation of customer-mandated capability reports.
- Mobile Fountains helps large event venues reduce waste and increase safety by providing portable, low-cost water stations.
- PennPal helps college students zero in on the right major to avoid the cost and lost time associated with switching majors.
- Pinch takes the hassle out of lending others small amounts of money and getting paid back.
- Southern Safety Closets is developing an air-purification system that provides clean air to individuals who are unable to exit their home during a fire, providing Fire/EMS additional time to rescue victims.
- Subletter streamlines the subletting process by connecting individuals wishing to sublet their apartments with potential renters.